Friday 20 July 2012

A brief apologia.


In my last article it may appear I am being disrespectful to Pope Paul VI. I wish to explicitly state I am not. I am firmly of the opinion that the Servant of God Papa Montini was a good man, both by virtue of his noble character and the Holy Office he occupied. I acknowledge fully the integrity and validity of his Papacy and Magisterium in the unbroken tradition of the Roman Catholic Church. I do however believe that while his pronouncements were valid, they were not sound. The decisions he made, especially regarding the Liturgy, were valid with the information and advice presented to him. However the advice and information presented were not necessarily, with the benefit of hindsight and retrospective theological discussion, correct. The Pontiff was not in error, but the pronouncements he made are flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment